Bees are a truly fascinating insect – Australia alone is home to 1500 species, including the one we all know (Apis mellifera). We all know bees for their famous liquid gold, but there is a lot you may not know about them, for example
- One in every three spoonfuls of food consumed would not be without the pollination of bees
- Not all bees live in colonies or hives
- There are even bees that do not sting
- Bees are facing a worldwide crisis due to the evolution of modern-day living
Learn about all things bees with our observation have that is specially designed to let students look through windows at the inner workings of a working beehive. We will explore topics such as pollination, life cycles, and the effects of human activity.
This program can be aligned with your learning outcome, just let us know what you would like covered. To book your beekeeper incursion call 1300 GET WILD
busy bees Best Bits
- Duration: 1 hour – bees flap their wings 13,800 times in this time
- Age Interest: Preschool – VCE
- Space requirements: 5 x 5 metres
- Maximum Number: 30 students per show
Select Number of Shows
**Prices correct as of 1st August 2019. Maximum 30 students per show, additional students will be charged at $15. Prices for multiple shows only apply to shows performed on the same day.