Climate Change Incursion
In this program, we take your students on a journey to discover what exactly climate change is and how it is affecting our planet. Australia is known as mega diverse but it could all soon change with rising temperatures, sea levels, changes in habitats and harsher storms starting to take its toll on our not only our Aussie animals but living things worldwide.
You don’t have to move to a cave to fully rid climate change but you can help save the earth from climate change in your own day to day life. Book a Climate Challenge incursion and meet 3 – 4 animals including a koala, a tank of marine life and a frog and a possum. This show is an in-depth presentation highlighting what causes climate change and what we can do to help out. Here are a few examples of the impact climate change is having on our environment
- Conditions are becoming dryer making the moisture content in eucalyptus trees dryer and more toxic for koalas
- The great barrier reef has lost 50% of shallow-water corals in the past 2 years
- 1/3 of Australian spectacled flying foxes in just two days in the 2018 Cairns heatwaves
climate challenge Best Bits
- Duration: 1 hour of super-charged educational goodness
- Age Interest: Suitable for all ages
- Space requirements: 5 x 5 metres
- Maximum Number: 30 students per show
Select Number of Shows
**Prices correct as of 1st August 2019. Maximum 30 students per show, additional students will be charged at $15 per head. Prices for multiple shows only apply to shows performed on the same day. Animals subject to availability.
In this incursion, you will meet a koala, frog, possum and a tank of marine life.