All about the world of bees
Welcome to the world of bees – the most fascinating insect to hit the planet. Bees are an important part of our ecosystem and without them the world would be a much different place! We will bring in a real live working observation beehive packed full of bees, beekeeping tools and local raw honey for the students to taste.
- Year 7 – The lesson for this level is focused around the effects on bees from deforestation and agriculture. Learn why habitat is so important for the survival of the worlds best pollinators and how modern day farming with the use of herbicides has been linked to the decline of bee species worldwide.
- Year 9 – Ecosystems work together for the survival of all its organisms, learn about the relationship between bees and pollination. Without bees, plant populations would decline, leaving less hideouts and food sources for animals.
busy bees Best Bits
- Duration: 1 hour – bees flap their wings 13,800 times in this time
- Age Interest: Years 7 & 9
- Space requirements: 5 x 5 metres
- Maximum Number: 30 students per show
Select Number of Shows
**Prices correct as of 1st August 2019. Maximum 30 students per show, additional students will be charged at $15 per head. Prices for multiple shows only apply to shows performed on the same day. Animals subject to availability.